You are encouraged to review the requirements before downloading. If you're just looking for the
recommended download site, though, click on the link above.
Just extract the files anywhere and run SGDK2IDE.exe - no installation required!
Scrolling Game Development Kit versions 2.1 and 2.2 are written in C# and utilize OpenGL. I know you will
at least need the following software installed in order to run SGDK2 and the games created by it:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is required to run the IDE (to develop games).
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 is required to play games (Note: Most Windows users
should already have .NET Framework 2.0.). Look for .NET Framework downloads at:
- OpenGL version 1.2 or later. This should be included with your video drivers if your video card supports OpenGL.
As of version 2.2, it is possible to output projects (at least partially) in HTML5 format. This of course
requires only an HTML5-capable browser to run, and would only require OpenGL and .NET for the SGDK2 IDE.
SGDK version 2.1 has been tested on the following video hardware. Please help expand this list by reporting your own results in the forums:
- Supported Video Cards
- ATi Radeon 8500
- ATI Radeon x600
- ATI Radeon X1200
- ATI Radeon Xpress 1150
- Intel 946GZ Express Chipset Family
- Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family (Intel driver version 220.127.116.1110)
- NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200 (NVIDIA Driver version 18.104.22.168 - nv4_mini.sys version 22.214.171.12416)
- NVIDIA 7600GS AGP
- NVIDIA GeForce 7600gt
- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra
- NVIDIA GeForce 9500 PCI-E
- NVIDIA GeForce 9800gt
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M
- Unsupported Video Cards
- Unknown as of version 2.1.9 (updated, improved video support)
If anyone has more information about requirements, please let me know. I think some of the above software requirements might even be automatically checked and downloaded/installed if you need them during the install, but I'm not sure at this point.
Scrolling Game Development Kit 2 is primarily hosted and maintained at SourceForge.net, but if you have trouble downloading from here or would like to visit other sites where SGDK2 is hosted, feel free:
- SourceForge.net download
SourceForge also hosts a number of extensions to the main SGDK2 IDE package, including a package to provide Linux Support for projects generated by SGDK2. See the FAQ included with SGDK version 2.1.1 or later for details. These extra packages (including the Linux package) are listed on the main download page linked above.
- SGDK 2.1 at Sooftware.com